#Femmecraft: How To Make A Vagina Christmas Tree Dec
When did you last dabble in something arty? Maybe not since high school? Or perhaps you’re already a total make-and-do addict? Either way, we’re up for a bit of extra crafting in our lives.
Not only is making stuff deeply therapeutic (there’s no time for anxiously over-thinking life when you’re nose down in a complicated cross stitch, right?) but you get something to show for your efforts too. Ta-da.
So get your scissors, glue and paint pot at the ready because we’re bringing you #femmecraft – our new monthly make series that celebrates our favorite topic, womanhood. Think period-inspired art projects, boob bakes, knitted nipples, and for the green-fingered among you, *actual* lady gardens.
Today, we’re showing you how to make a vagina Christmas tree decoration.
What you need
Felt in three contrasting colors
Decoration shapes – save our template and print.
Embroidery thread in two contrasting colors
Mini jingle bell
Stuffing – we used cotton wool
How to make
- Grab your template and carefully cut out the shapes. Then with a sharpie pen, trace around your shapes onto the felt and cut them out – you should now have A x2, B, C, D & E shapes in felt.
- Take shape D, add a dab of glue and stick to the back of shape E. Pop shape E on top of shape D.
- Now glue this piece in the middle of one of the A shapes.
- Sew in your mini jingle bell as shown – this is the clitoris.
- Take shape B and shape C and position over shape E so that the edges meet at the top and the bottom (the flaps will overlap). Hold in place with a dab of glue and then stitch all the way around the edge. Push some stuffing under B and C and then tuck under the flaps. Add a little stitch in the middle at the top and bottom to join and hold the two sides together.
- It you want to add a star or two to the front of your decoration, now’s the time to do it.
- Next, grab your second shape A – this is the base – and cover with your shape A ‘lid’. Then carefully stitch all the way around the edge with a blanket stitch until you reach the halfway point at the bottom. Fill with stuffing and continue to stitch the shape closed.
- Sew a loop of ribbon to the top point of shape A and stitch around to hide the join.
- Now, you can hang your dec on the tree. Merry Christmas!
If you haven’t signed up to Pink Parcel yet, it’s time to start enjoying your period! Subscribe here and you’ll have everything you need (and want) sent directly to your door.