Cravings Corner: When You Want To Eat Protein Balls
Life is about balance, right? Which is why we think it’s totally ok to eat healthily, work out *and* get a decent chocolate fix too. A life of denial really is no fun. And it’s because of this exact reasoning that you should pack a protein ball or two into your snack-box to eat on-the-go. These energy-boosting treats are way more nice, than naughty, yet still taste totally delish.
Today, we’re sharing a recipe for some bite-sized, protein-enriched balls that you can make at home in under an hour.
Chocolate Caramel Protein Balls
What you need
– 300g dates, chopped and pitted
– 15ml maple syrup
– 1 scoop Vanilla Vega® Clean Protein
– 20g almonds, finely chopped
– 15ml coconut oil
– 120g almond butter
– 40g vegan chocolate chips
– Sprinkle of salt
How to make
– In a food processor, blend the dates until smoothed out and starting to form a ball, scraping sides as required.
– Add maple syrup, Vega® Clean Protein, one tablespoon of almonds and almond butter.
– Roll into balls.
– Melt the coconut oil and chocolate chips then coat the balls in melted chocolate.
– Spread chocolate covered balls out on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
– Top with a sprinkle of salt and remaining almonds.
– Freeze for at least 30 minutes or until the chocolate hardens.
– Store balls in an air tight container in the freezer for up to two weeks.
You’ll receive £5 off when ordering a full-sized tub of Vega Essentials Protein (just use PINKPARCEL5 when ordering a 613g tub from Amazon).
If you haven’t signed up to Pink Parcel yet, it’s time to start enjoying your period! Subscribe here and you’ll have everything you need (and want) sent directly to your door.