Match Your Nails To Your Summer Cocktails: Gin Fizz
Sponsored by Nails Inc
Painting your nails in the evening with a cup of cocoa is practically a crime in summer. Wouldn’t you rather sip on a cocktail in the garden while waiting for your mani to dry? Yeah, us too. Even more so, what if they MATCHED?! Just think of the Instagrammable possibilities.
We’ve teamed up with Nails Inc this month who, loved by the likes of Alexa Chung, bring us the crème de la crème of professional, but affordable, nail products. Their gel effect nail polish – one of which you’ll find in August’s Pink Parcel – is durable, conditioning and hella shiny. Better still, you won’t even need a UV lamp!
Give your standard gin and tonic combo a little zhoosh: add a touch of class (and sugar) and create a Gin Fizz.
What you’ll need:
- 2 shots of a gin of your choice. Hendricks, if your significant other, or mother, is buying
- Half a shot of lemon juice
- A teaspoon of sugar
- Soda water
1. Pour the gin, lemon juice and sugar into a glass and mix.
2. Top up with soda water.
3. Add ice cubes and garnish with a lemon slice. Easy as one, two, three, really.
Now, While sipping your drink, crack out the nail polishes.
For this design, you’ll need:
- Base coat
- Nails Inc Gel Effect polish in Queen’s Gardens
- Two silver glitter nail varnishes – one with a normal brush, one with a thin brush
- Top coat
1. Paint on a thin layer of base coat.
2. Once dried, paint on two coats of Nails Inc Queen’s Gardens polish and let it dry fully. Perhaps, take a sip of your drink while you wait?
3. Starting at the top of the nail, paint glitter with the normal brush to about half way down the nail.
4. While this is drying, use the thin glitter brush to draw some wavy tails coming off the glitter already on your nail.
5. Do a second coat of glitter and, once dried, add a top coat. Voila! Gin fizz in your tummy and on your nails.
Nails Inc Gel Effect nail polishes are available in August’s Pink Parcel, online and in most beauty retailers.