Match Your Nails To Your Summer Cocktails: Blue Lagoon
Sponsored by Nails Inc
Painting your nails in the evening with a glass of wine, or a cup of cocoa, is practically a crime in summer. Wouldn’t you rather sip on a cocktail in the garden while waiting for your mani to dry? Yeah, us too. Even more so, what if they MATCHED?! Just think of the Instagrammable possibilities.
We’ve teamed up with Nails Inc this month who, hailed by the likes of Alexa Chung, bring the crème de la crème of professional, but affordable, nail products. Their gel effect nail polish – one of which you’ll find in August’s Pink Parcel – is durable, conditioning and hella shiny. You won’t even need a UV lamp!
Sailing down the blue lagoon
Blue Lagoon is one of those proper cocktails, drunk during evening in town after a hard day at work, or on a Saturday night living it up. It’s also pretty simple to make at home, and super quick too.
What you’ll need:
- 1 shot of vodka
- 1 shot of blue Curacao (yeah, this is probably not in your drinks cabinet already, but it’s worth it for the bottle alone, trust us)
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lime juice
1. Mix the vodka and Curacao in a glass – the fancier the better – and drop some ice in too.
2. Top up the glass with lemonade.
3. For a deeper blue colour, stir in the teaspoon of fresh lime juice. If you want a more translucent look, drop the lime juice in, instead.
For nails that match this sea-like cocktail, you’ll need to get arty. Your friends and colleagues will be seriously impressed by this design, but it’s actually really quick and easy to recreate – and requires little skill nor a steady hand.
What you’ll need:
- Base coat
- Nails Inc Gel Effect nail polish in Baker Street
- Nails Inc Gel Effect nail polish in Queen’s Gardens
- Gold nail polish
- White nail polish
- Sponge – this can be a nail art sponge, makeup sponge or even the corner of a brand new washing up sponge
- Top coat
1. Apply a base coat and let dry.
2. Apply a coat of Baker Street and, once dried, apply another.
3. Grab the sponge and paint on white nail polish to about a centimetre of the sponge. Dab onto your nail, wherever you please.
4. Repeat with the other two colours in a haphazard fashion – pop some colour on top of other colours, and some just on top of the dark blue base. Once dried, smooth over with a top coat.
5. Done! How quick was that? I bet you’re not even a quarter of the way through your drink yet…
If you haven’t signed up to Pink Parcel yet, it’s time to start enjoying your period! Subscribe here and you’ll have everything you need (and want) sent directly to your door.