#Femmecraft: How To Make A Galentine’s Card
When did you last dabble in something arty? Maybe not since high school? Or perhaps you’re already a total make-and-do addict? Either way, we’re up for a bit of extra crafting in our lives.
Not only is making stuff deeply therapeutic (there’s no time for anxiously over-thinking life when you’re nose down in a complicated cross stitch, right?) but you get something to show for your efforts too. Ta-da.
So get your scissors, glue and paint pot at the ready because we’re bringing you #femmecraft – our new monthly make series that celebrates our favourite topic, womanhood. Think period-inspired art projects, boob bakes, knitted nipples, and for the green-fingered among you, *actual* lady gardens.
Today, we show you how to make a pop-up Galentine’s card.
What you need
Three A4 pieces of card – we used red
How to make
1. Grab your printed templates. Cut out the message and boob shapes – there’s no need to cut around the body.
2. Stick down your body shape onto one piece of card. Fold the card in half making a hard crease.
3. Starting roughly 2cm in from the edge of the body, carefully scalpel a vertical cut that measures 5 cms – with the middle point of this cut (2.5cm) landing on the centerfold of the card. Make a parallel cut next to it, roughly 2cm along. Repeat on the other side of the body.
4. Slip your finger under the cuts to pop the ‘flaps’ forward. Fold the card and press down to create a crease in the flaps. Open your card flat and stick it down onto the second piece of card. Again, fold to make a hard centre crease.
5.. Grab your boob shape templates, stick them down onto card and cut them both out.
6. Each boob will attach to the bottom half of your two flaps. Position them for alignment and then place them directly face down while you add a dot of glue to the flaps. Close the card to stick.
7. Next, stick your message to the front of the card
8. Check your card ‘pops’ open!
9. Now you’re ready to show some love to your friend. Happy Galentine’s!