Cravings Corner: When You Want To Eat Protein Balls
Life is about balance, right? Which is why we think it’s totally ok to eat healthily, work out *and* get a decent chocolate fix too. A life of denial really is no fun. And it’s because of this exact reasoning that you should pack a protein ball or two into your snack-box to eat on-the-go. These energy-boosting treats are way more nice, than naughty, yet still taste totally delish.
Today, we’re sharing a recipe for some bite-sized, protein-enriched balls that you can make at home in under an hour.
Chocolate Caramel Protein Balls
What you need
– 300g dates, chopped and pitted
– 15ml maple syrup
– 1 scoop Vanilla Vega® Clean Protein
– 20g almonds, finely chopped
– 15ml coconut oil
– 120g almond butter
– 40g vegan chocolate chips
– Sprinkle of salt
How to make
– In a food processor, blend the dates until smoothed out and starting to form a ball, scraping sides as required.
– Add maple syrup, Vega® Clean Protein, one tablespoon of almonds and almond butter.
– Roll into balls.
– Melt the coconut oil and chocolate chips then coat the balls in melted chocolate.
– Spread chocolate covered balls out on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
– Top with a sprinkle of salt and remaining almonds.
– Freeze for at least 30 minutes or until the chocolate hardens.
– Store balls in an air tight container in the freezer for up to two weeks.
You’ll receive £5 off when ordering a full-sized tub of Vega Essentials Protein (just use PINKPARCEL5 when ordering a 613g tub from Amazon).