Cravings Corner: For When You Want To Eat Chocolate Bark
Calling all choc addicts. If you’re not already down with chocolate bark, you sure need to be – this hunk of joy is possibly the easiest thing you can make to get your sugar fix. Also, once you’ve got the jist of the recipe concept, you can freestyle it with whatever goodies you want to chuck into the mix. Think of it as a melt in the mouth chocolate mash-up.
Spicy Chocolate Bark with Chipotle and Almonds
- 12 oz dark chocolate
- 1 ½ teaspoons chipotle chilli powder
- 6 oz white chocolate
- 12 oz pink chocolate (or white chocolate with red food colouring)
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- Flaked sea salt for sprinkling
How to make
- Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper criss-crossed across the bottom.
- Place dark chocolate in a heat proof bowl and place on top of a small saucepan filled with a few inches of water, but don’t let water touch bottom of bowl.
- Bring to a boil and melt the chocolate, stirring often. Add the chipotle chilli powder and mix into the melted chocolate. Pour into the prepared pan, spreading the chocolate to the edges and gently tap the pan to even out the chocolate. Place in the refrigerator to set, about and 20 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate in another heat proof bowl and the pink chocolate in a different heat proof bowl using the same method as above.
- When chocolate is melted, remove the pan from the refrigerator and pour ¾ of the pink chocolate over the dark chocolate, then drizzle the white chocolate over the pink chocolate, leaving some of the pink exposed.
- Top with chopped almonds and use a butter knife to swirl the two chocolates together. Top with flaked sea salt and sprinkle with extra chilli powder if desired.
- Refrigerate until hardened, about 20 minutes.
- Break or cut into pieces.
- Store chocolate in an airtight container in a cool spot or in the refrigerator.
Recipe and photography shared by foodiecrush.com
If you haven’t signed up to Pink Parcel yet, it’s time to start enjoying your period! Subscribe here and you’ll have everything you need (and want) sent directly to your door.