A good cuppa is like a comfort blanket when your period arrives; that’s why we make sure there’s a teabag in each and every Pink Parcel that lands on your doorstep. And while period cramps don’t know when it’s Christmas, this month’s tea sure does...
The Whittard Earl Grey in your December Pink Parcel is a twist on the usual blend. The fine Chinese and Ceylon black tea is expertly mixed with bergamot orange and blue cornflower petals – the ideal fusion of flavours to spruce up your afternoon cup with a touch of Christmas spirit.
And with all rules going out the window in December (consuming three lunches, eating chocolate for breakfast and sipping alcohol pre-12pm) we thought we’d add even more Christmas charm to this delicious drink by mixing it with a gin martini.
Intrigued? Merry Gin-mas to you...
- Whittard Earl Grey tea bag (find one in your Pink Parcel)
- 50 ml of your fave gin
- 25 ml of lemon juice
- 25 ml sugar syrup (1 part sugar, 1 part water)
- 1 egg white (optional)
- Cocktail shaker
How to make
- Infuse the tea bag in the gin for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Combine the tea-infused gin, lemon juice, sugar syrup and egg white in a cocktail shaker.
- Dry-shake without any ice to emulsify the egg.
- Open and add very cold ice; shake again until cold.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Recipe shared by Whittard.
Not signed up to Pink Parcel? Subscribe here today and have everything you need (and want) delivered directly to your door. And, while you’re here, why not check out our Pink Shop? The best in beauty, all in one place.