The chai latte harnesses the aromatic essence of traditional masala chai – a subtly spiced tea that’s the cuppa of choice throughout India. If you’ve just discovered the Drink Me Chai Spiced Latte in May’s Pink Parcel, you may now be a fan of this delicious velvety drink, made from a delicate blend of cinnamon, ginger, cloves, black tea and sugar, fusing natural and authentic spices sourced straight from India.
Keen to see what other treats we could create with the Drink Me Chai Spiced Chai Latte powder, we grabbed a full-sized tub of the stuff and got busy in the kitchen. As well as enjoying it instead of our regular morning tea or coffee (just add hot milk or water), we found it’s delicious sprinkled onto porridge, you can add a spoonful to a smoothie for a creamy, spicy kick, and it can even be baked into bread. Who knew? Today, we’re sharing the recipe for some more-ish chocolate brownies with a spicy, healthy twist.
Spiced Chai Chocolate Brownies
What you need
– 450g sweet potatoes
– 75g raw almonds
– 60g cup oats
– 4 tbsp Drink Me Chai Spiced Chai Latte powder
– 6 tbsp cocoa powder
– 6 tbsp coconut or cane sugar (or half this if you’re feeling healthy!)
How to make
– Peel the sweet potatoes, chop and then steam or boil them until soft
(about 25 minutes).
– Preheat the oven to 180ºC / 355ºF.
– When the sweet potatoes are cold, place the almonds in a food processor and blend them to make almond flour.
– Add the oats and blend again to a fine flour to avoid a lumpy texture.
– Add the rest of the ingredients and blend one more time.
– Place the batter into a baking dish and bake for 25 or 30 minutes. You can use parchment paper onto the baking dish to help get them out afterwards. Baking time may vary depending on your oven.
– Let the brownies cool for at least 10 minutes, cut them into squares and enjoy.